October 11, 2016
The Fix Up
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: Oct 11, 2016
SynopsisFrom New York Times Bestseller, Kendall Ryan, comes a sexy new standalone novel.
My tempting, and very alpha friend Sterling Quinn is someone I consider off-limits.
It's not just that we're friends, he's also cocky, confident, and British, which means he's a walking aphrodisiac.
But lately he's been giving me the look. You know the one. When he thinks I'm not paying attention, and his gaze lingers for too long.
And then we start working together, and that's when the sexual tension between us gets so thick, I want to hack through it with a machete. I want to make all these deep feelings I've harbored for him disappear, because there's no way this can end well.
The lines between business and pleasure become irrevocably blurred, and I'm stuck between a rock, and Sterling's very, very hard place.
Rather than keep a level head about our growing attraction, Sterling wants to go all in, showing me just how explosive we can be together.
But I've been around long enough to know that this British bad boy is more than my heart can handle. I'm not about to be cast aside like yesterday's underwear when he's done having fun.
Sterling’s never been told no, and he's not about to put his ego aside and play by my rules. But I never thought he'd fight so dirty.
ExcerptI twist the doorknob, and finding it unlocked, let myself inside.
Sterling’s place is compact, but modern and classy. It suits him. After a quick glance around the living space, I spot him on the balcony outside, just beyond the glass doors at the far end of the living room. He’s facing away from me, his hands gripping the railing, his head bowed.
My smile from moments ago is gone. Seeing him like this—looking distraught—brings the reality of our situation crashing back.
Sterling suddenly turns and we lock eyes. A thousand emotions are revealed in his eyes, but mostly there’s anger. There’s also a sadness in his gaze that I’ve never seen. It’s haunting.
I swallow a lump in my throat, wondering what’s going on.
“Sterling?” I ask, slowly approaching the balcony.
It’s beautiful—plush pillows and twinkling lights, and a chilled bottle of white wine all nestled together in a romantic picnic for two.
He lets out a heavy sigh and runs one hand through his hair.
“This is beautiful,” I say since he hasn’t spoken, hasn’t even moved from the spot where he’s rooted, and his stony silence is killing me. “Are you okay?”
“Just fine,” he says curtly, his gaze looking past me.
He doesn’t seem fine. He seems off. Why go through all the effort if he’s just going to act sullen and withdrawn?
And what could have possibly changed in the twenty-four hours since we last spoke on the phone? He seemed so excited—like he hadn’t a care in the world. Now it seems he doesn’t want me here.
“If this is a bad time, if tonight doesn’t work . . .” I trail off, my voice suddenly shaky.
“The meal’s already prepared.” He brushes past me, headed toward the kitchen.
Unsure what to do, I follow behind him.
He’s acting like an asshole, and I suddenly feel so stupid for getting all done up tonight. I’m not going to stand around and embarrass myself by begging for his attention.
“You know what? Never mind. This was a bad idea, anyway. I’ll see myself out.” I turn and head for the front door, anger and rejection dueling inside me.
It takes all of three seconds before Sterling’s long strides catch him up to me by the door. His grip around my wrist stops me. “Wait.”
I turn and face him. I’m halfway between wanting to flee and staying to hear his explanation.
He releases a heavy exhale. “I received a phone call just before you arrived.”
With him so near, the combination of his clean soap and his spicy cologne intoxicates me. Memories of our intimate dinner rush back. But apparently tonight is not meant to be a repeat. Waiting to see what he’ll say next, I inhale and hold my breath.
When he doesn’t continue, I ask, “Is everything okay?”
About Kendall Ryan
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 1.5 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. She's a traditionally published author with Simon & Schuster and Harper Collins UK, as well as an independently published author. Since she first began self-publishing in 2012, she's appeared at #1 on Barnes & Noble and iBooks charts around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Today, Newsweek, and InTouch Magazine.
Visit her at: www.kendallryanbooks.com for the latest book news, and fun extras
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads | Newsletter |
- Release Blitz & Giveaway: Dirty (RAW Family #2) b...
- Surprise News from Harper Sloan
- November Must Haves
- Blog Tour: My Kinda Kisses (Summer Sisters #1) by...
- My Kinda Kisses (Summer Sisters #1) by Lacey Black...
- Blog Tour & Giveaway: Three Simple Words (Kingston...
- Blog Tour & Giveaway: Beard Science (Winston Broth...
- Beard Science (Winston Brothers #3) by Penny Reid
- Keepsake (True North #3) by Sarina Bowen
- Release Blitz & Giveaway: The Hitman's Possession ...
- Steadfast (True North #2) by Sarina Bowen
- Release Tour: Sweet Girl (The Sweetest Thing #2) b...
- Sweet Girl (The Sweetest Thing #2) by Sierra Hill
- Blog Tour: Alexander's Blood Bride: A Steamy BBW ...
- Release Blitz: Tempting Tristan: Tristan Brewer (H...
- Sci Fi / Fantasy Party Blitz $1200 Giveaway
- Release Blitz & Giveaway: The Sexy One by Lauren B...
- Release Blitz & Giveaway: Win Some, Lose Some by S...
- Black Swan Affair by K.L Kreig
- Release Blitz: Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig
- The Sexy One by Lauren Blakely
- A Secret Affair Anthology
- Blog Tour & Giveaway: Right Billionaire, Wrong Wed...
- Right Billionaire, Wrong Wedding by Victoria Davie...
- Blog Tour: How to Catch an Heiress (Heiress Serie...
- Promo Tour & Giveaway: Four Letter Word (Dirty Dee...
- Excerpt & Review: The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan
- The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan
- Blitz Post: Mr. Mysterious (Mister #4) by J.A. Hus...
- Release Blitz: A Fool For You (Foolproof Love #3) ...
- A Fool For You (Foolproof Love #3) by Katee Robert...
- Cover Reveal: Until Ashlyn (Until Her #3) by Auro...
- Release Blitz: Our Options Have Changed (On Hold,...
- Release Blitz: Four Letter Word by J. Daniels
- Release Blitz: My Next Book Boyfriend by Vicki Gre...
- October Must Haves
- Neighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward
- ▼ October (37)
- ► 2015 (64)